ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL - Using DSfix
Free Camera - Cheat Engine table for latest steam version
You probably know what this is if you've ever thought about playing Dark Souls on PC.
Download the latest version here
You'll want to configure some hotkeys to make your life easier. They go in DSfixKeys.ini
. Here are the ones that I use:
togglePaused = timestop.
That will let you pause the game and then use the free camera to find your best screenshot angle.
Download the table
Using the free camera
1. Run the game. Load your character.
2. Open the table and click "yes" when asked to run the LUA script (or click "no" and manually point to DATA.exe)
3. Click the box next to "DISABLE Xlive Cheat Detection" and wait for the X to appear (will take a second or two)
4. Click [Enable Main Table]
5. Go back to the game
Enable \ Disable = Page up \ Page Down
Numpad 8 and 2 = Increase \ Decrease Y coordinate
Numpad 6 and 4 = Increase \ Decrease X coordinate
Numpad 9 and 3 = Increase \ Decrease Z coordinate
-> When the game is timestopped, you must use arrow keys to rotate the camera. You'll get used to it.
-> When the game is not paused, your character can run around. Camera rotation can be handled via joystick or mouse (yuck)
Coordinates can be tricky since they're not based on where you're facing.
Numpad 0 = Toggle FOV override
Light mod hotkeys.
Numpad (+) and (-) = Increase \ Decrease
Press semi-colon to toggle. This basically removes teh color profile attached to any scene and allows you to adjust the light and color tones yourself. You'll see the settings expand in the table when enabled.
[ ] = adjusts light
ALT + [ ] = adjusts darks
CTRL + [ ] = adjusts saturation.
You'll want to tweak them individually though to get the color grading you want. You'll see what I mean if you play with it. Hard to explain.
* The CE table is full of just about everything under the sun. To make things easier, you can enable a ton of different cheats.
* Expand [Hero's Stats] to modify.... your stats. You can give yourself a floppityjillion souls, too.
* Expand [Misc Stuff] to force Human state (change hollow visual to 0, hollow state to 1)
* You can change your bonfire location (where you spawn after you die) too. Find the values by enabling [Toggle Table Info Window]
* You can change your equipped items to anything in the game. To swap out gear, expand [Equipped Item values] and replace the Value for the slot you want replaced with the ID of the item you want. Here is a spreadsheet that has all the IDs of every piece of gear in the game.
There's a ton in there and I haven't seen\used it all. Look around. Experiment. Assign hotkeys to things you use more frequently.