Hello!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

True Detective
by Mr Roderick
0 comments
Biotic Explosion
by post-hoc-ergo-propter-hoc
7 comments
The Sixth Circle Of Hell
by PulseZET
2 comments
The River Of Good Intentions
by -One3rd-
2 comments
Infamous Second Son™_20150329000839
by oPengu
0 comments

Games that support Hotsampling! (SRWE\WBG)

A simple list with games that support render/resizing the window resolution.

SRWE - Simple Runtime Window Editor
BWG - Borderless Window Gaming

For the internet historian, here you can read about the genesis of the term 'hotsampling'.

Game
Special Instructions
Arma 3
· · · ·
Assassin's Creed 3
· · · ·
Assassin's Creed 4
Assassin's Creed: Unity
· · · ·
Battlefield 3
· · · ·
Battlefield 4
· · · ·
Bioshock (DX9)
· · · ·
Blur
Dark Souls 2
· · · ·
Dead Rising 3
· · · ·
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
· · · ·
Dirt 3
· · · ·
Dirt Showdown
· · · ·
Dolphin Emulator (x64)
· · · ·
Doom 3
· · · ·
Dragon Age: Inquisition
· · · ·
Grand Theft Auto IV
· · · ·
Grid 2
· · · ·
Grid: Autosport
· · · ·
Hitman: Absolution
· · · ·
Max Payne 3
· · · ·
Need for Speed - Rivals
· · · ·
Rage
· · · ·
Space Engine
· · · ·
Thief (2014)
· · · ·
Tomb Raider (2013)
· · · ·
Wolfenstein - The New Order
· · · ·
World of Tanks
· · · ·

Comments

• Simple but really helpful ,also count in Doom 3!
  • Added Bioshock 1 (DX9), Grid Autosport and Max Payne 3.
  • edited July 2014
    I hope K-Putt doesn't mind that I renamed the thread. Seems SRWE is going to become less useful as we get more and more 64bit executables, so I made the title more generic.

I do prefer SRWE for how easy it is for me to select from a list of recently used profiles, but I really don't mind BWG at all.
    djh_ said:

BWG has the advantage that if your caffeine hand puts an extra zero on the resolution, you don't have to watch your desktop crash.

This has happened to me so many times....
  • BWG has the advantage that if your caffeine hand puts an extra zero on the resolution, you don't have to watch your desktop crash.
  • I hope K-Putt doesn't mind that I renamed the thread.

Worst day ever.

• djh_ said:

BWG has the advantage that if your caffeine hand puts an extra zero on the resolution, you don't have to watch your desktop crash.

Often, if you're sufficiently quick you can goad an engine into thinking you never did something so silly in the first place.
  • I haven't used BWG till now, trying it with Wolfenstein, and I'm not clear on how to toggle between "playable" and "screenshot" resolutions with the app. Do I need to type in the resolution values each time into BWG or can they be saved and toggled with a hotkey?
  • You need to type them in.
  • Thanks. It looks like the F4 allows to enable the saved resolution and it would have been nice to be able to toggle between that and 1080p...otherwise this hotswapping thing is pretty sweet!
  • djh_ said:

You need to type them in.

remember that anti aliasing plug-in for PS ?! tried to purchase it and failed , registering at that site is weird , i wonder how you did it
  • Pretty sure I didn't have to register when I did it - or at least the first purchase you make acts as your registration. Had to fill out a simple form saying which product I wanted, gave the usual details, was taken to a credit card processor and that was that. About as standard a process as it gets. Maybe they've changed it.
  • edited August 2014
    2 Things.

1. Hitman Absolution supports hotsampling
    2. I has the camera and FOV

Problem though. When you alt-tab out and into the game, the camera angle changes to something random. Very weird. So.... hotsampling could be tricky.

If I can find the camera rotation in this game, I might be able to include a script that lets you freeze it so alt-tabbing doesn't break it.
  • edited August 2014
    Here's my (ever expanding) set of SRWE profiles, somewhat sorted by aspect ratio. They will remove window borders as well, so you don't have to waste time ticking that box :P

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9739867/srwe profiles.rar

There are profiles that I use for my gameplay resolutions (that fit within my desktop size) so I can switch back quickly too.

Also, I want to use a naming scheme that sorts them from narrow to wide, but manually renaming all of those sounds like a chore....
  • where's the config file btw ?!! i got steam but can't find it
  • For Hitman? - Regedit-> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IO Interactive\Hitman Absolution