[GUIDE] Hitman Absolution

Cheat Engine Table
Download table

Alternate table (Allows FOV modification without the freecam)

[Camera Coordinates & FOV]
F2 to toggle on and off

Numpad 2/8 = Y coordinate
Numpad 4/6 = X coordinate
Numpad 3/9 = Z coordinate

(Hold ALT to move farther)

Increase FOV = Numpad +
Decrease FOV = Numpad -

About the FOV.....
This game only reads changes to FOV upon re-rendering the game. So when you change the FOV, it won't be instant. You have to change the FOV, then alt-tab in\out to see the change. I don't think I can fix this.

Update: You can also force the FOV change by zooming (right clicking the mouse)

[Time Stop] (no script required)
F3 to Pause
F4 to resume

[Lock Camera] (hotsampling fix)
F5 to toggle script

When you alt-tab from Hitman Absoluition, the game still reads your mouse input. So when you alt-tab back in, the camera will be pointing somewhere else. So if you're hotsampling, you'll need to enable this script. This will restrict the game from reading any mouse input, thus making hotsampling possible.

Issue 1: The freecam will lock enemies in place
Issue 2: If any scripts are active while a level is loading (including after you die) the game will crash

Comments

• edited August 11
    First Tomb Raider. Now this. I don't know what to screenshot anymore.
  • 1 at a time. These game's aren't going anywhere :)

But I'd love to see what other people do with this level....

• edited August 11
    @jim2point0

Are you planning a camera for Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 or for Darksiders 2? I have toggle_hud settings over gedosato only need a freecam :)
  • Darksiders 2 is on the list after Max Payne 3. Castlevania maybe... but it would go to the bottom probably.

• But I'd love to see what other people do with this level....

No need free cam :P
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/wakeupmrfreeman/sets/72157633080752480/
  • edited August 11
    Back when I first played this, I had to take panoramas in order to keep it interesting. Because I think wall-hugging is... boring. If you're trying to imply that wall-hugging is a perfectly good alternative to a free camera, I will ban you. I'm not sure if I can, but I'll find a way to make it happen :P
  • Haha, i'm joking, nothing is better than free cam.
  • I know :P

But hey, now we can revisit the game and get even BETTER panoramas :) With the world frozen in place, too :P
  • I wanna open a jim2point0 fanclub. Who's with me? No? Just me? Ok.
  • I know :P

But hey, now we can revisit the game and get even BETTER panoramas :) With the world frozen in place, too :P

Hitman is more interesting compared to TR from this point of view.
  • Update:

Added new table to first post. This one has cheats, a more reliable free camera script, and I removed the LUA (it wasn't actually necessary)
  • Tonight I think I'm going to separate the script that grabs your coordinates and FOV. That way you'll be able to modify FOV whenever you want.

I should probably have held onto this a few days longer so I could test it. Just sucks only having a few hours a night to do this stuff...
  • edited August 13
    Worth pointing out that when you change the window to 3:4 ratio in this game, it doesn't correct the aspect ratio. All you're doing is cropping the left and right sides of the image.

EDIT: In fact, I'm not sure any vertical aspect ratio correction occurs in windowed mode at all, which is why it never feels like you're gaining much from changing it.

EDIT EDIT: Well, I had a look in Cheat Engine and the game is recognising an aspect ratio of 0.75 for 3:4, so I guess it's not an AR problem. My understanding of FOV isn't enough to know why we're not getting the extra height we should be.

I'm guessing here that the game's vertical FOV is locked, giving you extra to the sides in landscape but never more top and bottom in portrait.
  • I scanned for the same thing you did before looking here :P

I'm not sure what would need to be changed either. I can hop through the camera structure later on. The game stores your FOV and even your resolution there, so maybe I can find something,
  • This is probably an issue in more games than we realise, though I think it's usually the case that you'll get a bit of vert+ in portrait mode. It really is painfully obvious in Hitman.